Construction project in Erendira in Mexico
Several members participate in the construction project in Eréndira in Mexico.
The budget initially estimated is $45,000.00. Pastor Lee of Erendira raised the fund to $25,000.00, First Korean Presbyterian Church of Virginia donated $10,000.00, and Bethsaida Missionary Union donated $10,000.00. Some members visit the construction area to participate in building a new church, which is expected to start this March.
Dimensions of the church building
Land 20 m x 40 m (8611 square feet)
Building 9 m x 18 m (1458 square feet)
Indoor storage 3 m x 3 m
Indoor kitchen 3 m x 6 m
* Please notice that Erendira Construction Project is huge, not managed by Bethsaida Missionary Union alone.
Only glory to God, and great grace be with you who love Him. God bless you, and we would like to thank you for your full support and prayers for the mission in Mexico.
Purpose and Introduction:
Ejido Eréndira in Ensenada is the city of fishery and farming. The farm area, close to the pacific ocean, is located in the southern area of the city. There is a dormitory-like house in the farm area, and about 150~400 native Mexican youths come from other inland areas (Puebla, Veracruz, Oaxaca, etc.) to work in the farm for 6~8 months. They are typically paid $10~13 a day, and after harvest they go back home and come back again in the spring. There are also about 200 houses nearby, and the population is getting grow because of the development. We focus on soul salvation and discipleship ministry to the native youths so that they go back their hometown with having their own mission. We also plan to support people in their hometown to put the gospel of Jesus Christ and to educate His disciples. A minister graduated from Harvest Bible University as an on-site pastor may teach them there.
Contents supported by Bethsaida Missionary Union:
- The current status is: the land dimension is 20m x 40m (8611 Sqf) and there is a barbed-wire fence on a 4 ft block around it. There are gate facilites at the entrance and exit for vehicles and four shower/bathroom facilities that are not completely constructed. There are also a medium-sized water-tank tower and a two-person trailer.
- The most urgent thing is to construct a church building. As the first step, we will have a church building with a kitchen inside. The estimated dimension of the church building is 1458 sqf = 9m(27ft) x 18m(54ft). First, the floor will be made with cements, and the walls will be built with blocks in order to reduce the cost. There will be built a storage (3m x 3m) and a kitchen (3m x 6m) behind the pulpit in the main hall. Two small rooms (3m x 3m each) will be made next to the entrance corridor. For a future expansion, wood materials will be used inside. Roof frames are iron, but covered up with galvanized iron sheets and insulators underneath. In order to build upstairs in the future, another option is to cover the roof with cement slabs. We will decide how to make the roof after getting advice. The total budget for the church building is $45,000.00 including labors. The construction will start in March 2018, and we wait for God’s guidance.
- The next step is to build a pastor house. Obviously, this is needed for a pastor to stay in. The dimension is 6m (18 ft) x 12m (36 ft) and total 648 Sqf. It will have two rooms, a kitchen/living room. Of course, we will use blocks for exterior and woods for the roof. The estimated expense is $20,000.00.
- We will reduce the construction cost for the church building as much as we can, and the saved expenses will be used for the construction of the pastor house. We have already had three experiences in construction, so we expect that this project will go well. Also, a local architecture, who has an acquaintance with us, made the fence, and this time we will ask him again. Soon we will discuss in detail.
Please feel free to ask any question if you have.
Thank you again for your prayers.
The Construction Plan of Mexican Youth Centre